If you are in the market to buy jewelry, especially for your wedding or a special occasion, you may be spoilt for choices available to you. There is sufficient ready to-wear jewelry that you can choose from, but many patrons prefer to go for custom fine jewelry. There is a certain allure to having custom made jewelry that beats any piece of jewelry that you would buy ready-made. It is not that every piece of jewelry that you buy should be bespoke. There is also a definite merit in buying certain pieces off-the-shelf. But then again, one needs to be made aware of the reasons why they should opt for custom made fine jewelry for a special occasion in their life:
- The beautiful thing about a bespoke jewelry piece is that it is truly unique, just like you. It is neither mass-produced nor has someone else owned a similar piece like yours. Even if you choose a style similar to an existing piece, it is unlikely that both the pieces will be a replica of each other. Your jewelry will be like no one else’s. It will be one of a kind.
- Having a customized piece of jewelry, means that you are involved in every step of the process. Because of this, you can be in control of, and make the most of your budget, by selecting stones and styles that will suit you the most.
- You don’t have to be creative or artistic to make a bespoke piece of fine jewelry. You can collaborate with a specialist and both of you can work together to design something that is perfect for you.
- If you have a family heirloom, such as a ring, pendant or a bracelet, that holds great sentimental value to you, you can explore options of revamping it. If it has been your dream to wear your beloved grandmother’s ring, or a necklace that has been passed down the generations, it’s reaffirming to know that designers can fulfill this wish. This can also be a beautiful tribute to someone who was special and would mean the world to you and your families.
- Making a one-off custom fine jewelry piece involves a level of care unparalleled to mass-produced or off-the shelf pieces. Each custom made jewelry piece is worked upon very precisely, using the highest quality of gold and diamonds, creating something that is flawless. The expertise and skills of the craftsman, under the supervision of the designer, allows the jewelry piece to be created in the same way a client had envisioned.
- The general public predicts that ready-made jewelry is less costly than custom made jewelry. This is not true for the jewelry industry. Retail stores have high markups on their jewelry due to their high over-head costs. As opposed to that, there is minimal other expense incurred when you buy custom fine jewelry from someone working out of a studio or a boutique store. So, the cost of the jewelry may be comparable or even lower when you opt for customization.
- Jewelry making is an art that has been perfected and passed from one generation to the other. You would rather work with someone who is directly connected to supervising and making the jewelry then deal with a retail store salesman, who does not have the practical skills and knowledge to create jewelry.
- Modern technology and supply-chains have become so complex that it’s increasingly difficult to know where and how an item is made, where the raw materials were sourced from etc. Customization entails connecting directly with someone who allows you to bypass the wholesalers, importers, distributors and retailers and it provides you with transparency throughout the process.
“Every bride-to-be has pictured how her wedding will be, right from the venue, to the décor, to clothes and jewelry.”
At Aurus, we put together all her ideas, and working with a budget that has been provided, help customize jewelry that completes her vision of a perfect wedding.
Aurus believes that there are preconceived emotions attached to it and makes sure that each piece is designed with utmost precision. Hence, its role as a designer of custom fine jewelry becomes very pivotal to offer to the bride, not just a family heirloom that may gather dust in bank vaults for most part of its life but a beautiful object of adornment that echoes the sentiments of a bride on the day of her wedding. It has to be something that completes the vision of her perfect wedding!
This philosophy of Aurus completely resonates with our idea on when and why one should have jewelry custom-made.