- Handle each piece with care as many settings are delicate and are prone to breakage if dropped or dealt with recklessly. Avoid wearing fine jewelry during physical exercise, cooking or any activity that could cause scratches or breakage.
- While care has been taken to ensure that all the pieces adhere to the best quality and craftsmanship possible, the jewelry is handmade and there might be breakage, stone displacement or other issues due to conditions beyond our control.
- It is advised to regularly check the prongs holding diamonds and other stones, especially in the case of rings, and ensure that all of them are of equal height. If any of them is shorter than the others, the stone might get loose and fall out.
- Some gemstones are of a sensitive nature. If you are applying any soaking method to clean your gem-studded jewelry, do so with care. If soft stones like turquoise and amber are soaked for a long time in water, it may damage their polish and shine.
- Human natural skin oils affect diamonds and other precious stones and hence these can lead to a loss of lustre. If you do not wear your jewelry regularly, it can still get dusty. Store pieces individually, wrapped in a muslin cloth and place them in plastic containers.
- Commercially available jewelry boxes are not recommended for storage. They may have chemical adhesives that may cause discolouring and blackening.
- When dressing, jewelry should always be put on last, as make up, cosmetics and perfumes can cause damage to delicate items.
- Heat and light can impact a precious stone’s colour and durability. Direct sunlight can fade a lot of stones, including amethyst and smoky quartz.
Some gems like pearls and ivory run the risk of getting bleached due to sunlight. Heat can dry up the natural moisture of some gemstones. Sudden temperature changes and extreme heat can also cause a fracture in some gemstones.
- Gold jewelry could also be blackened due to any of the reasons mentioned in the points above and it is definitely not because inferior quality of gold is used.
- Should there be any concerns, please bring the jewelry piece back to us and we will gladly rectify it for you.